What if Everything You’ve Been Told About Growing a Small Business Is Dead WrongOver the years, you’ve been introduced to many games. Blackjack, fantasy football, Monopoly, etc. For every game you’ve learned, lots of people are happy to tell you the rules of how you play the game. No one wants to tell you how to win the game. Winning requires a different set ofrules – and the few people who discover them don’t often share. They enjoy the extra leg room inside the winner’s circle. Have you heard any of these half-truths? “You just have to build a good business and they will come…” “You just have to get your name out there – marketing takes time…” “You need a cool commercials like Nike or Apple” (which both have ungodly amounts of money to blow on advertising) Or the newest of marketing fads whatever the new marketing fad happens to be this week:“Everyone’s on Facebook. Growing a Facebook fan page will bring in tons of new customers.” What if we could explode the deadly myths and replace them with little-known yet proven, powerful, and profitable strategies that will bring in more money, more sales, and more customers who will happily pay, stay, and refer!? I’ll warn you right now, this is approach is not for everyone… What you’re about to learn about is for those who
- Arenot content with the status quo in business today
- Are willing to look for opportunities where others do not see it
- Have the courage to stand for something.
- The first stage “Chaotic” – occurs after you’ve proven the validity of your idea in the marketplaceand you are actively running a business that generates revenue. It is likely not the revenue that you have always dreamed of, but there is money coming in. Still, you feel like your business owns you.Your goals in this stage are all about marketing/sales and figuring out EXACTLY what your customer wants so that you can provide it for them.
- The second stage “Growth” – focuses on turning your revenues into profits and multiplying your profits through multiple channels of sales. To GROW your business, you will need to duplicate the success you had with your core product or service to expand your product lines through multiple streams. At this point, you will likely need support and help.
- The third stage “Healthy” – creates a more efficient operation by adding systems, structure, stability, stronger controls and processes. This allows your business to become self-sustainable. It’s about going from a fast-growing, ever-changing and pivoting entrepreneurial business to a process-driven, structured business scaling for success.
- And the fourth stage “Thriving” – is where the business is now ‘running itself’ and you are focused on an exit or expansion strategy. You are now in complete control of the work that you do and where you choose to spend your time. Your focus shifts to what you want your business to do for you and your family in the future. This is where you truly own your business.
The Renegade Entrepreneur Way of LifePlenty of issues will arise, but if you know exactly what to expect at each stage of the game, you can prepare yourself for the common challenges and exploit the opportunities that makes it much easier to reach the next level in your businesses. Because what you need today is not what you will need tomorrow, 3 months from now, or 3 years from now. This is why we created the ONE place made for the Renegades in life.The ONLY place that teaches the foundational principles for success that apply to any business…in any economy… regardless of location or industry A place for entrepreneurs who can’t stand the thought of being mediocre! For those who are willing to do whatever it takes to have what others only dream of! For those that have always rebelled against the norms… Those that take the road less traveled… Those that are willing to abandon their comfort zone in search of a lifestyle ordinary “civilians” can only imagine… They will find this commonality throughout all 5 pillars that will drive their businesses.
The 5 Pillars of Small Business SuccessMarketing: This is the biggest struggle for most people. You need to build an audience of people who are interested in what you offer. There is a lot of information available (much for free) and it creates overwhelm in the marketplace. When people can’t understand what they get when they spend money with you – they won’t buy. Crafting the most powerful proposition possible is a seemingly magical skill that, once possessed, is THE key to communicating your competitive advantage. Creating price-elasticity and a ‘faucet’ that you can turn on and off and have customers, clients, patients and prospects buying from today, tomorrow and well into the future are the first step to your success. There are at least 11 propositions that every successful marketing message uses. Implementing just 3-4 will give you a serious edge over all of your competitors and start drawing in more customers starting immediately. For those that implement all 11, they rarely feel the stress of not knowing where their next client will come from, or when their next client will walk through the door. Your goal is to have the ability and skills to create clients, customers or patients on demand. Sales: Sales has been around since the beginning of time and because of that there are many competing ideas on how to sell. You have to realize that all the power has returned to the customer (and they know it.) Pair that with the customer’s decreased tolerance for anything ordinary and you have a recipe for disaster if you are not approaching your sales differently. Only the most highly-skilled salespeople will prosper. Those who take a lazy approach to selling or expect their well-produced product to “sell itself” – another lie from the pit of business Hell – will experience extreme pain in today’s environment. It is your job to EARN your customer’s attention and provide them with value propositions that match their needs, interests and desires When you have built an engaged audience, it becomes much easier to sell your products/services. There are 19 secrets to exceptional RESULTS in selling. Whether you’re selling low-priced household items or 6-figure software programs to corporations, these secrets totally transform the selling process. When all 19 are used, you will find that sales is no longer a chore and something to be avoided. Entrepreneurs who learn how to apply these selling secrets in their own business have saidthey could get a check out of a rock if they needed to! When prospects are properly selected, attracted, and pre-conditioned using these 19 secrets, you and your sales team will have a virtual Midas Touch, able to spin gold out of objections that have stopped your competitor’s dead in their tracks. People: You can’t do it alone. At some point in your business you will need to bring in help – and move away from depending on friends and family. For some this may always be through sub-contracted and outsourced help. Others will choose to hire, train and build teams. You may even make it to the point of feeling responsible for hundreds if not thousands of employees in your local community. This can be an overwhelming and daunting feeling – but with the right support and tools your team can happily carry the majority of the weight you feel on your shoulders today. Business in Stages 1&2 find it easy to ‘rally the troops’ with new ideas and implementation because your employees know exactly what you want… because they all work directly with you. But as your business grows it becomes more and more difficult for everyone to be ‘on the same page.’ Fast growth means that everybody has to work to solve the ever-growing problems frustrating people within your business. Some may have even started to leave. You find yourself needing management help, which you can either train and grow from your current team or bring in from the outside. Once your organization has grown to 3 levels deep the problems and challenges you face as the owner take on an entirely new look. The first level (usually those that are the most forward-facing in the business) now have 2 layers to go through to understand your dreams and desires. This disconnect creates communication and management issues that require a new set of skills on your part. Once again, there are mountains of books available on management techniques. But how do you know what actually works? The best way is to connect with and learn from businesses that have created the kind of renegade business, culture and lifestyle you want for yourself. Systems/Processes: Without systems and processes, no business can truly grow. With fast growth quickly comes disorganization and stress. Which is why your focus on processes starts to ramp up in Stage 2 and becomes the driving force in Stages 3 and 4. Without the focus on Sales and Marketing in Stage 1 – there are no systems and processes to create. But without systems and processes there cannot be scalability and freedom. Everyone knows a business owner who has to start from scratch every time he launches a new marketing campaign, hires a new employee, etc. Think of how much time and energy he wastes because he doesn’t have systems in place to automate those activities. Systems and processes are the difference between being able to take a vacation once a quarter…and not being able to step away from your business at all. Money: At the end of the day, if a business isn’t financially successful, it won’t survive. As a small business owner and entrepreneur there are 2 things that you should never delegate; your marketing and your checkbook. You should heed every warning and avoid the pitfalls of the unsuccessful before you. As the owner, it becomes your job to manage those that who count your beans. They may be good at counting the beans, but they should never be dictating your marketing/sales and business decisions. Most business owners spend all their time looking at useless numbers. Most accountants give us historical numbers and the banks give us numbers that have little value in making any day-to-day decisions. There is certain ‘money-math’ that every business owner needs to understand (and most bean counters will never understand this.) But if there was a machine that would to give you $1.50 for every dollar you put into it, there would be no ‘budget;’ you would do this all day long. As the business owner, you need to understand, watch, monitor, measure and drive the money-math in your business in order to drive the most profit. You may find your accountants crawling around on their hands and knees looking for spare change. A penny saved is a penny earned, right? WRONG! Once you’ve mastered your marketing message and assembled a team of killer sales people, you can turn that penny into a nickel or a dime. It’s your responsibility to make sure the right amount of money is going into lead acquisition instead of a zero-interest savings account. Once you have that system working, your focus changes based on your goal of the company – there is a BIG difference between wanting to stay a small family run business and one day selling your company for hundreds of millions. There is a lot of information available – just a quick Google search away – and that has created huge overwhelm for manyof us. Everyone claims to have the newest and best that every business needs. Everywhere we turn, we see another so-called expertpromising a 6-figure increase if you just buy their product. But here’s the problem. Most of these experts are “one-trick ponies.” They’ve had success with one of the pillars of small business growth (usually over a short period of time)– and now they think they’re qualified to tell you how to grow your business. Their one-size-fits-all advice has killed the dreams of countless business owners and left millions more stuck on the entrepreneurial hamster wheel. Attaining true freedom in business comes from 1) knowing which stage of growth you're is in right now and 2) working on the right pillars for that stage. To build a business that provides you with financial freedom, you need to filter all the noise and become laser-focused on exactly what your business needs today to take the next step towards your goals. There is wisdom and knowledge in those that have successfully done it before you – but it would be very expensive to pay each one to show you the steps they took to be successful. What if you could have access to all this advice to help you take the next steps anand more importantly help youknow what to ignore until the right time for your business?
The Renegade’s Roadmap to FreedomTaking everything that we have gathered over the last 40+ years… from all the experts and members that have come through our doors – who have walked through (and at times ran through) this path less traveled – we set out to create a revolutionary roadmap that could keep entrepreneurs and small business owners focused, on-track, and moving towards their ultimate goal of freedom. We found so many business owners overwhelmed by all the advice out there… Frustrated at watching others succeed with no more talent than they have… Jumping from idea to idea but never finding the right formula for their business… And wondering what they can do to finally break through the forces holding them back. Sound familiar? I’m here to tell you there is a better way… One that is focused on creating a successful business built on assets and not hope, or erratic sales spikes. One that attains strategic growth based on your goals, dreams and desires. It’s called the RenegadeEntrepreneur’s Roadmap to Freedom. And here is what it looks like …. It’s your progression through your business’s 4 key stages: Chaotic, Growing, Healthy, and Thriving. And the best part, through each stage of growth you have your own set of metrics to know exactly where you fall on the roadmap, exactly what you should be focusing on and just as important, what you shouldn’t be focusing on yet, and the benchmarks to know when your business is progressing. The Roadmap helps eliminate your overwhelm, your frustration, the feeling like everyone else gets it and you are left behind. It’s to keeps you focused and moving towards your dreams and goals at the pace that makes sense for you.
What Is YOUR Next Step?Working your way through the entrepreneurial roadmap isn’t always easy.But when you can clearly see which activities will move you from the stage you’re in into the next stage – and what actions and ideas are taking you farther away from your goals, your decisions becomes crystal clear and much simpler to achieve. When you have someone who has been there before you, with the wisdom and failures already behind them… If you can see yourself on this roadmap, you are in the right place.
Introducing the Renegade Entrepreneur’s Exclusive Memberships…It is absolutely essential that you make a decision. A decision about how you will live the rest of your life. Will you stay on the beaten path that has led so many business owners to frustration and failure? Or, will you defy industry norms and the expectations of your peers and take the little-known Renegade path? At this point, which decision is right for you should be clear… If you’re okay with business as usual (which seems unlikely given that you’re reading this), content with working too hard with too little to show for it and okay with boring, “me too” business, you can go back to your day-to-day routine. On the other hand, if you’re allergic to “average,” courageous enough to be stand up and be different and ambitious enough to go out and seize the lifestyle you deserve, you are a renegade at heart. Our Renegade Entrepreneur and Leaders’ memberships invite you into a world where clarity, success and freedom are the norm – not doubt, overwhelm and “barely scraping by.” You’ll be connected with a local and global network of other Renegades pursuing their passions and making an impact in people’s lives, funded by profitable businesses that don’t require the owner to work 80 hours a week, 52 weeks a year. You’ll also have access to battle-tested ideas, strategies and tools to help you create success on YOUR terms. There are 3 levels of membership to make sure you get exactly what you need to prosper where you’re at in your business today. In Renegade Entrepreneur – Gold, you’ll discover the core tenets of NO B.S. Renegade philosophy. Geared towards business owners at Stages 1 and 2, the primary focus is on the creation and implementation of compelling sales and marketing. Here’s what’s included:
- The No BS Marketing Letter. Each issue is overflowing with the latest Marketing & Money-Making Strategies. Members have referred to it as a day-long intense seminar in print, arriving by first class mail every month. There are always terrific examples of strategies, timely marketing news and trends. You’ll want to find a quiet place with a highlighter and devour every word.
- The What’s Working Now; Real People, Real Results Audio CD. EXCLUSIVE interviews with leading experts and entrepreneurs crushing it with NO B.S. style direct marketing. Use these audios to turn your commute time into “POWER Thinking” time.
- Access to our private Facebook group, where you can connect with the Renegade community, ask questions and get amazing, detailed feedback for your specific challenges.
- Bonus: NO B.S. Lifestyle Liberation Kit (199.97 value). Jam-packed with how to attract your ideal customers, clients or patients so that you can open the floodgates to more wealth, power and freedom! You’ll discover how any entrepreneur or can 10x his income, the biggest marketing mistakes most entrepreneurs make, and more.
- Bonus: 2 free tickets to the F-A-S-T Implementation Bootcamp ($197 value).The very first and essential event we strongly encourage you to attend immediately after joining. You’ll discover LIVE everything you need to know to quickly incorporate NO B.S. marketing into your business and start growing your customer base right away.
- Monthly Master Class: A subject matter expert dives deep into the details of sales and marketing the Renegade way. You won’t just learn WHAT to do, but HOW to do it effectively. You’ll get access to some of their best tools, templates and scripts to make implementation easy.
- Foundational Core “How To” Lessons: Step-by-step lessons walking you through Growth Stages 1 and 2. These guides give you images, diagrams, and checklists to make consumption easy and implementation rapid.
- Live Q&A Callwith the NO B.S. founder Dan Kennedy and another handpicked expert. A consulting day with Dan would cost you $18,800 dollars – this membership lets you pick his brain for a tiny fraction of that cost.
- Bonus: NO B.S. List-Building School ($1297 value) 4 trainings, jam-packed with the exact how-to’s to build your list. We all know that we need a bigger list in order to convert my clients, with so many choices out there, how to you get started. With our List-Building School, we have brought in the top experts to walk you through everything you need to start attracting the right prospects for your business. You will quickly discover how you can rapidly grow your list.
- Monthly Executive Class: This guide interviews a subject matter expert – they go deep into the HOW of the topics for a stage 3 business (management, metrics, leadership, business growth). There are possible downloads and worksheets or resources to implement the topic.
- Foundational Core “How To” Lessons for Growth Stage 3 and 4 businesses: Step-by-step lessons providing you images, diagrams, and checklists to make consumption easy and implementation quick.
- Live Q&A
- Child logins to the membership site so your team can take advantage of the training as well. After all, they’re doing a lot of these tasks for you now.
- Understand the value of hard work and taking massive action, but also realize that “small hinges swing big doors” – and they’re laser-focused on the few things that make the biggest difference in their businesses and lives right now
- Are hot-blooded capitalists. They’re in business to make money – and lots of it – but they know the most important things in life don’t come with price tags.
- Love freedom in every sense of the word: financial freedom, time freedom, freedom to live the adventure they choose. They’ll fight tooth and nail to obtain that freedom for themselves and their loved ones.